Private sector allowed to import chemical fertilizers from today
Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamamge announced that permission will be granted to the private sector to import Chemical fertilizers, Weedicides, and Pesticides with effect from today (24).
He made this remark addressing the special media briefing held this morning (24) to announce Cabinet decisions.
The Minister further said Gazette notification banning such imports will be revoked with effect from today (24).
However, the government’s policy to promote green agriculture in the country will not be rolled back, the minister stressed.
He said farmers can now purchase chemical fertilizers from the open market.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023