Procedure to renounce US citizenship successfully concluded – Gotabaya
Posted in Local News
Former Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa says all necessary steps have been successfully concluded to renounce his US citizenship.
“I was in the US to take necessary steps to get my US citizenship renounced and to meet lawyers in this regard. I concluded all procedures needed for that successfully. However, I will have to get it done from here. Once they inform me, I will submit necessary documents to get it renounced,” he said.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
Yeah, the procedure has been concluded, successfully.
That is handing over forms and signing the renunciation in the presence of a US Immig Officer.
That’s OK, mr Former Defence Secretary,
But what is the outcome of the procedure?
Has your renunciation of US citizenship been accepted or not?
Please don’t hoodwink the nation by beating about the bush.
@Bombe, Why so worried about it?
I am worried and I have always been worried,
My beloved country is governed by Cheaters and Liars and Thieves and Drug Dealers and Cut Throats and Sex Maniacs since 1948.
I wonder when this will end?