Professor Dammika Ganganath Dissanayake passes away
Professor Dammika Ganganath Dissanayake has passed away at the age of 62 today while receiving treatment at the Apeksha Hospital, Maharagama, sources said.
Professor Dissanayake has served as Sri Lanka’s Ambassador to Japan and he was also the former Head of Sinhala Faculty of the Sri Jayawardenepura University.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023