Police deploy team to arrest Kurunegala mayor
Posted in Local News
Police are to deploy a team to arrest Kurunegala mayor Thushara Sanjeewa and four others who have warrants issued against them in over the demolition of the ‘Kings Court’ building.
The acting IGP has given the directions in this regard to the senior DIG in charge of the north western province.
A report is due tomorrow, including about the persons who are aiding and abetting the fugitives to evade the law.
The mayor has filed a writ petition in the Court of Appeal seeking an order to stay the warrant issued by the Kurunegala magistrate’s court for his arrest.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023