Proposal to cultivate cannabis in Sri Lanka for export, submitted to cabinet
Cannabis can be cultivated in Sri Lanka as part of the export industry immediately after the Cabinet approves the proposal, State Minister of Indigenous Medicine Sisira Jayakody said.
Minister Jayakody stated that the related proposal has been submitted to the Cabinet and the Speaker has signed the proposal as well.
He also stated that the Department of Ayurveda has agreed to let people use cannabis as a medical drug, and not as a recreational drug.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023