Proposal to raise treasury bills debt ceiling defeated
A proposal that was presented in Parliament today to raise the Governments treasury bill debt ceiling by 400 million rupees was defeated.
At the vote held at the end of the debate 31 votes were cast in favor of the proposal while 51 votes were cast against it.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023