Protest at Karadiyana over dumping of garbage
A group of residents of Karadiyana today staged a protest against the move to temporarily dump garbage collected in Colombo at Karadiyana.
The protestors obstructed several garbage tractors and Lorries that came to dump the garbage at Karadiyana.
The Kesbewa Magistrate issued a court order to dump the garbage collected at Colombo to Karadiyana temporarily.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023