‘Purported Government’ spent Rs. 840 million on helicopter rides: Ravi
‘The purported Government’ had spent Rs.840 million on the helicopter rides for the last 21 days without considering the expenses, United national Party (UNP) MP Ravi Karunanayake said in parliament.
He said this while presenting the motion to curtail expenditure to the Office of Prime Minister.
“We have the legitimate authority to cease these types of alleged expenses and thus we are not hesitant to take such actions,” he added.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
(Correction added for the amount of spent)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023