Qataris urged not to travel to Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) has urged Qatari nationals not to travel to Sri Lanka due to health reasons.
The ministry issued a statement in this regard on Tuesday.
In the statement, an official source at the Department of Consular Affairs, MoFA, said the Sri Lankan official authorities confirmed the spread of swine flu (H1N1) in Sri Lanka, and reported the infection of a number of people with the disease and the death of some of them.
The source urged Qatari nationals not to travel to Sri Lanka except in cases of extreme necessity until health conditions improved.
(Source: Gulf Times)
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
That’s a sensible decision.
Is there such a serious issue?