Qualified Tamils don’t get government jobs – Sampanthan
R.Sampanthan, chief of the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) and Leader of Opposition in the Sri Lankan parliament, complained in parliament, that qualified Tamils are not getting government jobs.
Sampanthan said that while Muslim leaders recruit Muslims; Sinhalese leaders get jobs for Sinhalese; and the few Tamils who are in power, recruit some Tamils; qualified Tamils are unable to get into government service.
Discrimination against the Tamils has been a long standing complaint in Lanka and there has been no change in the situation, the TNA leader pointed out.
He demanded that government should present the ethnic distribution in recruitment for government jobs since the present regime came into existence in 2015.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023