Railway workers to begin work-to-rule action tonight
Posted in Local News
Locomotive Engine Operators’ Union (LEOU) has decided to launch a work-to-rule campaign from midnight today over the accusations that the locomotive operators did not follow the speed rules.
During a press briefing held in Colombo this afternoon, the Union emphasized they would resort to an indefinite strike action next Tuesday (24) if their demands are not met.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
These useless railway workers who took this industrial action should be given the same treatment given by late Hon JR. They should be sacked on the spot if the Yaha Palanaya government have a back-bone!