Rajitha missing: CID
A senior officer attached to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) said yesterday former Minister Rajitha Senaratne, against whom an arrest warrant had been issued over controversial statements made during a ‘white van’ media briefing, had not been present in both of his residences located in Colombo 7 and Beruwala.
He said a group of special officers attached to the CID searched several places the former minister had frequented lately but there was no trace of him. “The CID has written to the Speaker about former Minister Senaratne’s arrest,” he added.
The CID sleuths had reportedly inspected two residences occupied by the former minister, one at No.22/B, Stanmore Crescent, Bullers Road in Colombo 7 and the other at No.66, Kandawatte Road in Beruwala, but to no avail.
According to information received, the residence in Beruwala had been rented out by the former minister during the past presidential election period.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Nimanthi Ranasinghe)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023