Rajitha Senaratne granted bail
Former Minister Rajitha Senaratne, remanded over the ‘white van’ media conference incident, has been granted bail.
Colombo Additional Magistrate Priyantha Liyanage issued the bail grant when the case was taken up for hearing today (10).
Senaratne was released on two-surety bail of Rs. 500,000 each.
Former Minister Senaratne was not produced before Courts during the case hearing.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023