Ramazan brings co-existence, sharing, and harmony for all – PM
Ramazan brings a message of peaceful co-existence, sharing and harmony to all, said Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesighe.
Issuing a message for the Ramazan he added, “The period of fasting signifies self- discipline and imparts the ability to truly understand and comprehend the cost of self- denial.”
Full message is as follows:
Throughout the world, Muslims observe Ramazan with fasting to commemorate the first revelation of the Holy Quran to the Prophet Muhammad. Held every year, this sacred religious observation is recognized as one of the Five Pillars of Islam and is dutifully followed by the faithful.
Muslims believe that during the period of fasting, spiritual rewards are greater and enriched with prayer and regular recitation of the Holy Quran. Undoubtedly, it is a period to be spent in reflection and deliberation.
The period of fasting concludes with the sighting of the new moon and celebrations are held throughout the Muslim communities, irrespective of their economic or social standing in a spirit of unity.
From fasting to celebrating and sharing, Ramazan brings all of us an important message, given its concern and caring for the poor and the needy. The period of fasting signifies self- discipline and imparts the ability to truly understand and comprehend the cost of self- denial.
Ramazan brings a message of peaceful co-existence, sharing and harmony to all.
I wish all Muslims everywhere a blessed Ramazan Kareem.
(Government News Portal)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Ok Ok I heard enough of this harmony.