Range Bandara’s son injured in accident
State Minister Palitha Range Bandara’s son has been hospitalized due to a motor accident in the Kottapitiya junction, on the Chilaw-Puttalam road.
Initial Police investigations revealed that the double cab, belonging to the Ministry of irrigation, had veered in to a house from a by-road near the Kottapitiya junction, after losing control of its speed.
The cab and house were heavily damaged due to the accident.
The 25-year-old Yashoda Range Bandara and Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman Anjana Sandaruwan were admitted to the Chilaw Hospital.
Arachchikattuwa Police is conducting further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024