Ranil’s amendment to no-confidence motion Gammanpila deemed irrelevant
The Speaker informs Parliament that UNP leader Ranil Wickremasinghe’s amendment to the No Confidence Motion against Minister Udaya Gammanpila is irrelevant and is not acceptable.
The amendment tabled by Parliamentarian Ranil Wickremesinghe states that the relevant no-confidence motion should be considered as a motion brought against the entire Cabinet of Ministers.
Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena informed the matter to the parliament today (July 20) when the debate on the no-confidence motion against the Minister of Energy was resumed.
The second day of the no-confidence motion against Energy Minister Udaya Gammanpila will be debated today and the vote will be taken in the afternoon.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023