Economic crisis root of many issues – Maithripala
Former President Maithripala Sirisena has attributed all issues within the country to the prevalent economic crisis.
Speaking in Parliament today, the former President said the government and the opposition must unite and work together to solve the economic issues.
The former President added the foreign reserves have been depleted over a period of time, adding it was prevalent even during his term in office.
Therefore, former President Sirisena urged Members of Parliament to understand the plight of the people and execute decisions collectively.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023