No-confidence motion against Udaya Gammanpila defeated
The Motion of No Confidence brought against Energy Minister Udaya Gammanpila by the Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) was defeated by a majority of 91 votes.
The vote on the No-Confidence Motion was taken a short while ago in Parliament following a two-day-long debate.
A total of 61 MPs had voted in favour of the motion while 152 parliamentarians voted against it.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023