Tax for online orders from abroad mooted
Posted in Local News
A tax system to charge goods imported online would be considered, Trade Minister Dr.Bandula Gunawardena said in Parliament yesterday (20).
Responding to a question raised by MP Mohammad Muzammil during the oral questions round, the Minister said that practices in other parts of the world would also be taken into consideration.
MP Muzammil said there are many issues regarding the quality of goods imported through online trade.
He said that the e-commerce trade has grown rapidly at present and special attention should be paid in this regard.
(Source: Daily News – By Camelia Nathaniel and Amali Mallawaarachchi)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023