Ranjan’s parliamentary seat: Court of Appeal orders not to take decision till February 12
Posted in Local News
The Court of Appeal today ordered the Secretary General of Parliament not to take a decision with regard to the parliamentary seat of MP Ranjan Ramanayake until February 12.
The order was issued today by judges Arjun Obeysekera and Mayadunne Corea when considering the petition filed by MP Ranjan Ramanayake seeking an interim injunction preventing the removal of his Parliament seat due to his imprisonment.
Accordingly, MP Ramanayake’s Parliamentary seat will continue to remain in place until the 12th of this month.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023