Ravi Karunanayake and Arjun Aloysius granted bail
Ravi Karunanayake and Arjun Aloysius granted bail after serving indictments by the Colombo High Court over a Bribery case.
The matter was called before Colombo High Court Judge Aditya Patabendige this morning.
The two accused were released on a cash bail of Rs. 500,000 and two sureties of Rs. 5 million each after serving the indictments.
High Court Judge, issuing an overseas travel ban on the former minister and PTL owner until the hearing of the case concludes, ordered them to hand over their passports to the custody of the court. He also called for a report on the fingerprint analysis of the duo.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023