“Remove PB or else,” warns Muruththettuwe Ananda Thero
The government of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa is probably the only government to be detested by the people, said Venerable Muruththettuwe Ananda Thero, the Chief Incumbent of the Abhayarama Temple on Tuesday (15).
“If an officer is working under the assumption that he is king, that officer cannot be blamed because it is the fault of the rulers,” said the Venerable Thero.
“We find henchmen around any person, and the main henchman around President Gotabaya Rajapaksa is P. B. Jayasundara. It is P. B. Jayasundra who formed the president into this present situation,” said the Venerable Thero.
Venerable Muruththettuwe Ananda Thero called for P. B. Jayasundara to be removed and replaced.
“If P. B. Jayasundara is not replaced, we will have to resort to very strong protests in the future,” said the Venerable Thero.
(Source: News 1st)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023