Requests galore for Basil to be MP – Jayantha Ketagoda
Ruling party MP Jayantha Ketagoda said yesterday that Basil Rajapaksa, who is the founder of the ruling Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) would enter Parliament only at the opportune time.
MP Ketagoda told the Daily Mirror that it would not otherwise happen in the immediate future.
“Mr. Rajapaksa is the founder of our party. It is our wish that he should become an MP and at the appropriate time, he will be sworn in. Otherwise, it will not take place according to the interests of the online speculators,” he said.
Asked whether he would resign from Parliament to make way for Basil Rajapakasa’s nomination as an MP on the National List, Jayantha Ketagoda said there were several MPs ready to forgo their seats for it, but he would be first among them.
“Mr. Rajapaksa will only decide when to swear-in. There is an overwhelming request from the rank and file of the party for him to be an MP,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Kelum Bandara)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
That’s an excellent move.
Basil R is head of two imporatnt PTF’s.
In Parliament, he has the personal capacity to drive the destiny of our Nation.
He is the only member of the Ruling Family who does not have a job in Parliament or related.
It must be making him sad.
Now that the Clowns in Modadasa’s Samagi Balavegaya have delivered 20A including Parliament for overseas citizens. we should make him happy by driving him into Parliament.