Retirement due to injury fears – Malinga
Sri Lankan star bowler Lasith Malinga today said that he had taken the decision to retire from test cricket, before the 2011 World Cup due to his physical condition and injuries and hoped to play in the shorter forms of the games until the next World Cup in 2015.
Addressing a press conference in Colombo Malinga added that he was able to recover faster after bowling 4 overs or 10 overs in T20 and ODI matches rather then after playing 20 to 25 overs per day in Test matches, which some times took two months to recover from.
He further added that it was his dream to play cricket and that he hoped to represent the Sri Lankan Cricket team in the 2012 T20 World Cup as well as the next World Cup in England if he was fit to do so.
Lasith Malinga noted that in 2008 he was sidelined due to his injuries and questioned what guarantee there was that he would be selected to the World Cup.
Courtesy: DM online – Pix by Getty Images
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023