Reveal purpose of Pompeo’s visit – Wajira
Former Minister Wajira Abeywardena has said that those in the present government would have accused the former government for selling off the country to the US, had the US Secretary of State visited the country during the UNP government.
He added that the government should reveal to the country and its citizens, the purpose of the US Secretary of State’s visit to Sri Lanka adding that Foreign Minister Dinesh Gunawardena had stated that a US Secretary of State’s visit is merely to reiterate the US support to the development and education sectors.
He emphasized that the UNP was not afraid to work with any country in the world, adding that UNP Governments had also received aid from the United States in the past.
The former minister made these statements at a media briefing held at the Sirikotha party headquarters yesterday.
(Source: Daily News – By Shiromi Abayasinghe)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023