Rishad Bathiudeen’s brother remanded
Rifkhan Bathiudeen, the brother of former Minister Rishad Bathiudeen, who was arrested by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) was remanded until February 06 by the Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne.
Rifkan Bathiudeen was arrested over a forged land deal and was produced before the Colombo Chief Magistrate today (23), stated Police Media Spokesperson.
Reportedly, he had sold a 78-acre land in Mannar to a private company under a false deed. He had allegedly obtained Rs 49.2 million from the deal.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023