Rishad ordered to reforest Kallaru reserve on his own expenses
Posted in Local News
Parliamentarian Rishad Bathiudeen has been ordered to reforest the clearing of the Kallaru reserve on his own expenses.
The Court of Appeal, today (16) ruled that the clearing of the Kallaru reserve near the Wilpattu National Park is illegal.
The Centre for Environmental Justice filed the petition citing that constructions in a clearance of 2,388 acres of land of the Marichchikattuwa reserve will harm the environment and called for an order preventing such actions.
Former Minister Rishad Bathiudeen and several others have been cited as respondents.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
He will get foreign aid from the Middle East not only to reinstate the forest but to build an underground university beneath the forest.