Rishad’s brother-in-law arrested over rape granted bail
Posted in Local News
Former Minister Rishad Bathiudeen’s brother-in-law, Mohamed Ziyabdeen was released on a personal bail of Rs. 500,000/- by Colombo Chief Magistrate Buddhika Sri Ragala today (16).
The 44-year-old brother-in-law was recently arrested for allegedly sexually abusing a young woman who worked as a domestic helper at the MP Bathiudeen’s official residence from 2015 to 2019.
Orders have been issued to impound his passport while the Magistrate also imposed an international travel ban on the suspect.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023