Rishad’s brother-in-law arrested over rape granted bail
Former Minister Rishad Bathiudeen’s brother-in-law, Mohamed Ziyabdeen was released on a personal bail of Rs. 500,000/- by Colombo Chief Magistrate Buddhika Sri Ragala today (16).
The 44-year-old brother-in-law was recently arrested for allegedly sexually abusing a young woman who worked as a domestic helper at the MP Bathiudeen’s official residence from 2015 to 2019.
Orders have been issued to impound his passport while the Magistrate also imposed an international travel ban on the suspect.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023