Rs. 340 Million Japanese Grant Aid for anti-narcotic activities
Based on a request of the Government of Sri Lanka, the Government of Japan will provide a Japanese Yen 200 million (approximately Rs.340 million) grant under the Japanese non-project grant aid scheme for provision of necessary equipment to strengthen the investigation and detection capacities of drugs and related anti-narcotic activities of Sri Lanka Police.
The prevalence of drug related activities in Sri Lanka has increased in the recent past and it has been recognized as an emerging social problem in the country. As a remedial action for controlling the situation, Sri Lanka Police has identified the need for modern equipment to detect large scale drug trafficking and individuals under the influence of dangerous drugs.
Accordingly, grant documents were signed by Finance, Economic and Policy Development Ministry Secretary S.R. Attygalle on behalf of the Government Of Sri Lanka and Japanese Ambassador to Sri Lanka Sugiyama Akira yesterday at the Ministry of Finance, Economic and Policy Development.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023