Self-quarantinees allowed to vote – Election Commission
Chairman of the Election Commission (EC) Mahinda Deshapriya said facilities will be made to those who are presently undergoing the self-quarantine programme after leaving quarantine centres, to visit their respective polling booths to vote at the 5 August General Election.
He said all these persons should have their names entered in the 2019 Election Registry to do so. Deshapriya said that those who are undergoing self-quarantine will be allowed to cast their vote between 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. on the polling day.
Meanwhile, he added he will shortly request the Director General of Health Services to subject all EC officers who would be on election duty on the polling day to undergo polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, to ensure their safety and protection from COVID-19.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By J.T. de Silva)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
As far as we are aware the Hon Attorney General has approved the draft gazette as such why is it not being printed the only reason I can see is it appears our President do not want it printed