Tipper truck runs over cops at checkpoint; one killed, two injured
A police officer has died after being knocked down by a tipper truck at Kongala checkpoint in the area of Hakmana.
According to reports, two other policemen have sustained injuries in this fatal accident.
The deceased officer has been identified as a 36-year old Police Constable, the police media said.
UPDATE: The tipper truck that ran over & killed a PC & injured two others found by police while abandoned at a compound of a house in Kattakaduwa, Hungama.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023