Rs. 5,000 allowance paid to fisher families affected by ‘X-Press Pearl’ fire
Posted in Local News
It has been decided to pay a Rs 5,000 allowance to the members of fisher families who have been affected by the MV X-Press Pearl cargo ship fire incident.
The Gampaha District Secretary stated that 9,883 members of the fishing community will be paid this allowance.
The allowance payment will commence on June 15.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023