Sajith promises to further boost agricultural sector
New Democratic Front Presidential candidate Sajith Premadasa yesterday vowed that the Kumbukkan Oya project would be expedited to strengthen the economy of the country’s farmers.
Premadasa said farming lands in the Wellassa region will become fertile lands through this project under his rule.
“We will revive the agricultural sector in the country while ensuring free fertilizer to the farming community. A kilo of paddy will be bought at Rs.50 under my administration while giving a certified price for pepper too.
He said that the re-export of pepper will be halted and a separate authority established to promote minor export crops including cinnamon and cardamom.
“I will make every possible effort to alleviate poverty among the farming community,” he said.
Premadasa said that he does not make promises which cannot be fulfilled.
Addressing a massive election rally in Moneragala, the NDF Presidential candidate said that relief can be provided to the common masses by curtailing unnecessary expenditure of Ministries and government offices.
“The importing of new vehicles to government departments will also be curtailed in order to provide relief to the people below the poverty line,” Premadasa said.
(Source: Daily News – By D.S.Gunathilake)
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
Just hold on to this promise….if for an ungodly reason the new ‘warrior’ king fails, we’ll call upon you in 5 years to honor it!