Sanath retires from politics
Posted in Local News
Cricketer turned politician Sanath Jayasuriya has decided to quit politics. It is learnt that he had informed President Maithripala Sirisena of his decision to resign from politics. He told the media that he did not wish to seek re-election to Parliament.
Jayasuriya also said that he had resigned from the post of SLFP Chief Organiser for the Matara electorate. (DN)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
It is the best cricketing shot ever played by our former Captain. We wish him long life away from politics and cricket.
Good decision, in fact there are many other ways which people who has done thare duty to the country could contribute to the society. This is a good example for others too.
We know that you are a very talented player who knows well starting and ending point that is the very reason you could win the games sana we wish you all the best