Sapugaskanda Oil Refinery resumes operations
Posted in Local News
Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) resumed operations at the Sapugaskanda oil refinery today (August 20), Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wijesekera said.
Accordingly, 100,000 metric tons of crude oil is being discharged, and the authorities expect to have the second batch of 120,000 metric tons of crude oil next week, the Minister said.
Therefore, Sapugaskanda oil refinery will be able to continue operations at full capacity for 40 days with the aid of the two cargoes.
Minister Kanchana Wijesekera added that jet fuel cargo will be unloaded tonight (August 20).
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023