Sapugaskanda oil refinery to commence operations again
The operations at the Sapugaskanda oil refinery will commence again today (May 27) and producing Fuel Oil will start in six days, Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said.
Taking to Twitter the Minister said the refinery will operate for the first time since the 20th of March with a crude oil cargo due to unload today.
He noted that as of yesterday, stocks of 23,022MT of diesel, 2,588MT of super diesel, 39,968MT of 92 Octane petrol, 7,112MT of 95 Octane petrol, and 3,578MT of jet fuel will be obtained.
Sapugaskanda Refinery will commence operations for first time since March 20th with a Crude Oil cargo unloading tomo. The refinery will start producing Fuel Oil in 6 days. Stocks on 26 May –
Diesel 23022 MT, Sup Diesel 2588 MT, 92 Pet 39968 MT, 95 Pet 7112 MT and JETA1 3578 MT
— Kanchana Wijesekera (@kanchana_wij) May 26, 2022
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023