Saudi King was willing to pay blood money for Rizana – Minister Keheliya
On the request of Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa, the King of Saudi Arabia made every effort to save the life of Riza Nafeek and the Saudi Arabian King was even prepared to pay 3 million Saudi Riyals as blood money to the parents of the dead child without causing any cost to Sri Lanka. However, the parents of the dead child were not willing to accept the blood money and as per the Shariah Laws that is the prevailing Laws in Saudi Arabia Rizana had been executed.
This was disclosed by Minister Keheliya Rambukwella addressing the media personnel after the Cabinet Decisions announcement media conference held at the Committee Room No. 1 of the Parliamentary complex today (10th Jan.).
Source: Government News Portal
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
Money cannot replace life.
The parents are poor, but their great, the parents refused the money, which was offered by the barbaric King of Saudi. The Sharia law is only for the poor and not for the rich muslims.Our Sri Lankan house maids get raped in these Arabic countries, this is a well known fact.
“Saudi King was willing to pay blood money for Rizana – Minister Keheliya”..parents of the dead child are barbaric not the great king or sharia law,keep in mind.
Hello Ms. Chandini and Mr. Jayraj,
see Hon. Saudi King tried to pay blood money to the Saudi Family, whose infant child died due to an accident in the hands of Rizana, but they refused the blood money and insisted on the execution of Rizana.
The blood money is offered by a RICH offender to the victim to save the RICH person’s life.
In that way, the blood money is offered to the Saudi family, who lost their child, but NOT TO THE RIZANA’S FAMILY IN SRI LANKA. OK?
In that way these laws are only valid for the poor… Ha, ha, ha…