SB: 10 more SLFP MPs to leave government today
Former Minister S. B. Dissanayake yesterday said that 16 SLFP MPs who quit the government would join the Opposition on May 8, when the new session of Parliament is scheduled to be inaugurated.
Dissanayake confirmed that none of the 16 SLFP Parliamentarians who quit the government after voting in favour of the April 4 no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Ranil Wickeremesinghe would accept ministerial portfolios.
The former minister said their ambition was to form an SLFP government and until that objective was met, they would be in the Opposition and campaign against the government.
He said 10 more SLFP MPs would cross over to the Opposition today.
The new Cabinet will be sworn in today at 10 a.m.
Well informed sources said in the new Cabinet, the Samurdhi Ministry would be given to a UNP MP and the Cultural Affairs Ministry to an SLFP MP.
(Source: The Island – By Aruna Bogahawatte and Kushan Subasinghe)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
please do leave the same way you came through the national list, you are a shameless lot, not fit to be in parliment but in a safely locked up place where you will not be a pain to the country
What a carry on. Just like a comedy show.