School children injured in accident on Galle Road
Posted in Local News
Nine persons including students have been injured in an accident which occurred in the Mount Lavinia area.
The accident occurred when a school van collided with with a bus at about 6.45 this morning.
The injured have been admitted to the Colombo South Teaching Hospital.
When an inquiry was made from the Director of the Colombo South Teaching Hospital Dr. Anil Jayasinghe on the condition of the injured he said the condition of two students is serious.
Courtesy: News First / SL Mirror
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Govt should introduce proper mechanism for school transport. Most of the other countries using buses instead of vans. Buses will have more secure environment than vans. Also should have different colour for school buses to identify from far. Example Yellow with black letters. Also introduce a speed limit especially for school transport. I hope those few things will add big value to this. Also parents should be careful while choosing transport for their kids. Our kids are in danger.
ohhhh very sad…