CEB employees to ‘work to rule’ over 45% salary hike
CEB workers’ union say that they will resort to ‘work to rule’ from midnight today (Jan 18) demanding a 45 percent salary hike instead of the 25 percent increment promised by the government.
It was yesterday reported that all employees of the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation, Ceylon Electricity Board and Water Board would receive a 25 percent increment to their basic salary, from their January pay.
However Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) employees held a protest in front of the CEB Headquarters earlier today demanding 45 percent increment to their basic salary.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023