Schools to open for all grades from next week
The government has decided to reopen all the remaining grades in government schools from next week, Education Minister Dinesh Gunawardane says.
His remarks came during the debate on the second reading of the 2022 Budget in Parliament today (15).
The Education Minister noted academic activities in schools resumed after the 1st of October.
He said the government has taken all measures to ensure the safety of students and teachers as well.
Minister Dinesh Gunawardena said before reopening schools they managed to vaccinate 240,000 teachers against COVID-19.
At present, academic activities are being conducted for students in the primary section and grades 10, 11, 12 and 13. Schools were closed several weeks ago following a spike in coronavirus cases in the country.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Yes boys and girls cram the books and pass few more exams.