Seasoned politician as UNP Presidential Candidate
Minister of Power and Energy Ravi Karunanayake says an individual who has not even won his electoral seat will not become the UNP Presidential Candidate.
Speaking to media after attending an event in Colombo Minister Karunanayake said the UNP Presidential candidate will be an experience politician.
The Minister noted that it was too early to name the candidate and noted that nobody had put forward a nominee for the next Presidential Election.
The Minister added the UNP will reveal its stance promptly adding the candidate will be suitable, experienced with the ability to ensure the safety of all citizens and to lead the country at National level.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023