Second phase of Central Expressway to be declared open on January 15
The Mirigama to Kurunegala stretch of the Central Expressway (E04) will be opened to the public on January 15, 2022, Minister of Highways Johnston Fernando said today (December 30).
The second phase of the Central Expressway is a 40.91 km stretch from Mirigama to Kurunegala and consists of four lanes while it was built at a cost of Rs. 137 billion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023