Self-quarantine for 10 cops after arresting burglar with coronavirus
Ten policemen, attached to Bopitiya police station, have gone into self-quarantine after a suspect they had handled was found to have been infected with COVID-19.
The policemen had arrested a 28-year-old suspect over burgling the house of a Wattala local councilor, on April 04. Later, it was found that the burglar had COVID-19. Thus those who arrested the man and those who had been in the police station had been asked to self-quarantine.
(Source: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023