Seven jumbos found dead in Polonnaruwa
Posted in Local News
The decomposed carcasses of seven wild elephants lying in a marshy land at Pudur in Onegama in Polonnaruwa were recovered yesterday by the wildlife conservators.
The wild life officials said the four jumbos in the Somawathiya Natinal Park might have bogged down in the marsh and died while roaming in the jungle in search of fodder and water.
Officials said they had recently recovered the carcass of an elephant calf lying in a marshy land in the area.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By K.G.Karunaratne and W.A. Piyathilaka)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023