Govt to appoint members to National Police Commission
The government has decided to constitute the National Police commission under the 18th amendment to the constitution. The Parliamentary council has given it recommendations to the names proposed by President Mahinda Rajapaksha.
An official of the Parliament said that the Parliamentary council which met yesterday gave its recommendation for the following to be appointed Former Ambassador and the President’s Council Mr. Senaka Walgampaya is to be appointed as the Chairman of the Commission The other members are Ven. Elle Gunawansa Thera, Mr.D.Dissanayake, Mrs. Charmaine Madurasinghe, Mr.R. Sivaraman, Mr.M.M.M Mowjood and the former chairman ITN Mr.Newton Goonaratna.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023