Sextuplets born for first time in Sri Lanka
The birth of sextuplets has been reported for the first time in Sri Lanka.
A 31-year-old mother has given birth to six babies, three boys and three girls, at a private hospital in Colombo.
The babies were delivered by Caesarean sections between 12:16 and 12:18 this morning under the guidance of Professor Tiran Dias.
Hospital sources said that the mother and the infants are in healthy condition.
The mother and father of the twins are residents of the Angoda area in Colombo.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023