Government’s conduct pushing youth to leave country – Sajith
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa yesterday (20) said the youth are trying to leave the country due to the irresponsible conduct of the Government and the long queues in front of the Department of Immigration and Emigration prove that fact.
He made this remark yesterday (20) in Kirindiwela, Dompe during a visit to inquire about the plight of pineapple farmers.
He said the youth are disappointed and have serious doubts about their future in Sri Lanka. “The Government has arbitrarily made the farmers who provide food to this country suffer. Now they boast that farmers will be compensated if crops are damaged. They even failed to address salary anomalies of teachers and principals who are on street for months,” Premadasa stressed.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Nabiya Vaffoor)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023