SF granted bail in one case
Colombo High Court short while granted conditional cash bail of Rs. one million with two sureties of Rs. 2.5 million each on former army commander Sarath Fonseka in the case of harboring army deserters during the presidential election.
His passport was impounded.
However, he is yet to go free as he is serving the sentence of the white flag case on which an appeal has been filed.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023