SF to be given Internal Affairs Minister post
Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka was set to receive the additional post of Internal Affairs Minister on the recommendation of the government, sources said yesterday.
This decision was reached at a high level meeting of senior ministers of the United National Front (UNF) which took place under the chairmanship of UNP Leader, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe at Temple Trees yesterday (10).
It is the minister of internal affairs who is tasked with giving the final approval for a person seeking dual citizenship or Sri Lankan citizenship.
Until such time this post is officially given to Mr. Fonseka, he was asked to supervise the work of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
The recommendation to assign the Internal Affairs Ministry to Mr. Fonseka is to be sent to President Maithripala Sirisena on his return to the country after a private visit to Japan.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Nimala Kodithuwakku)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023